Sunday, November 20, 2022

Admin Pick # 2

HOME -- When I landed at LAX, we had surpassed our record 2018 total of 79 entries (was at 72 before I left Vancouver).  Now, we are at 97 entries (though 2 do need some heavy fixing in the bracket) and hopefully will top 100 by morning.  

My second and last entry (bye, bye $20) is Arabian Bribes.   There are a few docs on how Qatar secured the World Cup, which I hope to watch in the next couple weeks.  This entry has ARG winning it all, as I tried to pick a dark horse team like Netherlands, England, or the elders of Belgium.  But it feels like a South American year and maybe, after Ronaldo got the Euro trophy, Messi can get his World Cup trophy.

If you need to make any corrections to your picks, just send an email or submit a new pick (choose "Update" so I know) with same nickname.  Thanks to Eric F, Brian B, and Jim M for bringing in new people to the pool.  Also got about a half dozen strictly NCAA folks to get their feet wet in soccer.

Good luck to all!


Email: worldcup@hwci.com
© 2010-2023 HWCI Productions

HWCI circa 1990