Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Admin's Picks

NOT WORKING FROM HOME -- You would think I would have more insight into MLS than the NCAA or World Cup/Euro pools since I do gamedays with the LA Galaxy (my 25th year!) and have a season ticket with LAFC (my 3rd year).  But, no.  Haven't had any time to think about the pool since putting feelers out there a month ago due to work commitments, but likely most teams will be rusty so will the powerhouses of ATL, TOR, SEA, and LAFC survive their groups.  Looking at the map, it looks like Field 17 a the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.  Didn't read if it was turf or not but having 3 matches in one day could take a toll.

So, here are my two picks.  The first represents the 11th soccer pool we have done and the 11 players on each team on the pitch.  The second is a reference to the six-yard goal box in which case during these safer-at-home protocols, becomes a six-foot box.

Futbol Fabone Eleven
The Six Foot Box

I'll be emailing your picks in this format as well later.  With 2 hours left, good luck!

Email: worldcup@hwci.com
© 2010-2023 HWCI Productions

HWCI circa 1990